Code of Conduct
Last updated: 25th July 2021
This code of conduct governs Latitude IT’s community events and discussions.
- We encourage participation from varied and diverse backgrounds where possible, and are upfront about encouraging diversity and inclusion
- Everyone should be able to feel safe. Regardless of experience, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, religion, nationality, or other defining characteristic.
- This code and related procedures apply to unacceptable behavior occurring in all community venues, as well as all online and offline communications, and anywhere such behavior has the potential to adversely affect the safety and well-being of our community
- Be accepting
- Be accountable
- Be kind
- Conduct or speech which might be considered sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory or offensive in nature. This applies even if the speech was made in jest
- Intimidation or harassment (online or in-person)
- Disrespect towards differences of opinion
- Inappropriate attention or contact
- Non-constructive criticism
- Sustained disruptions
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language
- Understand that speech and actions have consequences, and unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated.
- If you are the subject of, or witness to any violations of this Code of Conduct, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If violations occur, organisers will take any action they deem appropriate for the infraction, up to and including expulsion